Memory by Alice
When I was a little girl I loved to ride in my daddy's big green ford pickup truck. I would sit next to him as we would travel wherever it was we were going. Many, many times it would be delivering seed. He would reach over and squeeze my knee really tight to tickle me. He always thought it was funny to catch me by suprise and hear me giggle. (Even as an adult, whenever he found himself sitting next to me, he would reach over and squeeze my knee.) What I remember most is singing with him. We would sing "Islands in the Stream" together and he would sing the "boy" parts with Kenny Rogers and I would sing the "girl" parts with Dolly Parton. I loved to sing as a little girl and it always made me feel happy to sing with my dad. I always think of this when I hear this song. It was "our" song and will always remain that way! I love you dad and I dedicate this song to you now. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment