Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Happy Birthday Papa Bob!
Another milestone in our grieving process. It isn't easy but it makes me think that I really will be ok. We went to McDonalds today for lunch with Memaw. We all ordered a quarterpounder with cheese cause we figured that is one of the things Dad liked to eat there. Then we had an oreo mcflurry. It wasn't too bad! Now for Dad's birthday dinner we are going to Gerties. I am so excited! Memaw and I took flowers to Dad's grave and a birthday balloon that Riley picked out! We sang him "Happy Birthday", or should I say that we attempted! Let's just say it slowly faded into some kind of crying song, not to sure of the exact name of that song! Anyways, Dad I hope you got to enjoy some of your favorite things today. Love ya & miss ya!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Oh yea Riley and I also made Papa Bob a birthday cake with green and red sprinkles and Funfetti frosting! Yummy yummy!!
I'm glad you got to go to Papa Bob's grave today and sing to him. I wish we could have gone with you!
I have had a good day thinking of him too. I even called Grandma Robbins and checked on her and she was reminiscing of his birth and how she missed him too. Seems weird that he's really an angel now....weird but good. Happy Birthday everyone who's celebrating!
Post a Comment