We took a drive around and found an Iris farm! Field after field full of these beautiful irises in every color you could think of! Dad would have loved seeing them. I remember him planting them and telling me how much he liked them. We also saw a family of skunks and that brings back other memories too! Eewww. :)
It's nice to think of all the beautiful things Dad taught me to appreciate and love. Love you Dad! Thanks for sharing your beautiful things with me.




4 comments:
I had forgotten that Dad like Iris's. They are beautiful flowers and when I get around to my flowerbed, I think I just might plant some! :)
Dad has left us many memories. I still believe he was so afraid we would forget him, that he made sure to constantely name every place and situation.
Oh, are you referring to the aroma of skunks on your person as you came to church one Sunday...after showering at Grandpa Ward's??? :)
Of course that's the correct skunk smell... :)
I am with Alice, I think I will have to plant some Iris's. We have some, but they haven't grown very well.
I remember the row in front of us at church checking their kids diapers!! Nice Kipp!!
Thanks for sharing the memory about the Iris'. I also have that memory of my grandpa Hamilton, Owen, and the ACRES of Iris he planted in his backyard. He seriously grew them and sold them all summer long. People would stop from miles away just to buy Owen's Iris. I wonder if Bob had that memory as a child too???
Post a Comment