Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Grandma Baker and kids in 1977

Dad always told us how much he loved Grandma and Grandpa Baker, some of his heros.

3 comments:

G'Lenn said...

This could have been a 5 generation picture is Rita had been in it. The lady setting in the chair is Grandma June Baker's Mother...Grandma Baker is holding Kipp.

Anna....of Anna's Quilting Designs said...

Yup, and that's Grandma Melissa Smith, the one my Melissa was named after. She was an awesome lady. Whenever I would ask her how she was, she would say.... "I'm just fine. You don't have time to listen to everything that's wrong, so I'm just fine." Often she would be reading her scriptures by her chair and had her huge magnifying glass there too. I will never forget that picture. I loved these ladies. Also, Grandma Baker told me after they found out she had kidney cancer (I think she was 91 or 92). I visited her and asked her how she felt about the news. She said, "I'm so GLAD. I thought they had forgotten about me down here!" I asked her to give Lacey a huge hug when she got to heaven, and tell her I missed her. She said, "I will, and don't come see me again. I don't want you to remember me like this." I loved those two women and their positive attitudes, right to the end.

Alice said...

I do know that Grandma Baker was one of dad's heroes. He always talked about her and how much he loved her. Grandma's are a wonderful thing. I think dad even had her green chair in his home, that I now have. It is just my size. :)