Dad loved to find any excuse he could to go spend time in the mountains. Were the hot dogs any good Margie? This must have been before dad stopped wanting to rough it. I remember the older we got and he got, the more stuff we would have to bring camping and the longer it would take to set up camp. I miss the times when we would just throw out a foam pad and lay under the stars and listen to some hunting story for the fifteenth time with a new little twist. I could use one of those stories right now to tell the kids for bedtime. I just remembered, we have those stories that he wrote a few months back about a lot of those bear stories and other fun hunting stories. Yeah! I've got new material for Spencer and Little Bob (Drew) now!!
Monday, January 19, 2009
Smoke and Hot dogs!
Dad loved to find any excuse he could to go spend time in the mountains. Were the hot dogs any good Margie? This must have been before dad stopped wanting to rough it. I remember the older we got and he got, the more stuff we would have to bring camping and the longer it would take to set up camp. I miss the times when we would just throw out a foam pad and lay under the stars and listen to some hunting story for the fifteenth time with a new little twist. I could use one of those stories right now to tell the kids for bedtime. I just remembered, we have those stories that he wrote a few months back about a lot of those bear stories and other fun hunting stories. Yeah! I've got new material for Spencer and Little Bob (Drew) now!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I remember going with him too. His tradition then was to take a jar of the "Lighthouse" brand Honey Mustard dressing and after the hot dog was cooked...or smoked, he would dunk the entire dog in the dressing jar and slap it on a bun. sssssllllppp! If you haven't tried it, you should. It's a winner...or weaner! I wonder if the dressing jar ever tasted like honey mustard hotdogs on his next salad. That sounds good!
I miss those hotdogs. They were the best!!! We would also eat a can of spagetti O's. I loved camping and hunting with Dad. I sure will miss it. What wonderful memories!
Post a Comment