I'm not sure how many times we watched that film. I think it was one of dad's favorites. Every time we would ride down a steeper bank, even a sort of non-steep bank we would lean way back and pretend that we were the ones riding after the wild mustangs. I think that joke is still alive and well. I know if I could get on a mule or horse right now and go down a steep hill or mountain, I'd pull the trick, but I'd probably a bit behind dad, because he always was in the lead, and I didn't want to get out of line! I wish I could go on one more mule/horse ride with him. Just one more, that's all I ask, I'd be willing to give up all my Christmas presents for the rest of my life in exchange for it, and a lot more things as well. But, I'm sure we all would, in fact, I know we all would. He would for us…
Monday, January 19, 2009
The Man From Snowy River
I'm not sure how many times we watched that film. I think it was one of dad's favorites. Every time we would ride down a steeper bank, even a sort of non-steep bank we would lean way back and pretend that we were the ones riding after the wild mustangs. I think that joke is still alive and well. I know if I could get on a mule or horse right now and go down a steep hill or mountain, I'd pull the trick, but I'd probably a bit behind dad, because he always was in the lead, and I didn't want to get out of line! I wish I could go on one more mule/horse ride with him. Just one more, that's all I ask, I'd be willing to give up all my Christmas presents for the rest of my life in exchange for it, and a lot more things as well. But, I'm sure we all would, in fact, I know we all would. He would for us…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
If you ask me...it looks like TuJack is a little timid to go down that hill. Infact, wasn't dad afraid of heights? I am shocked he is actually that close to the cliff. Really though, I always thought the movie "Man From Snowy River" reminded me of Bob & G'Lenn. Jim & Jessica (on the movie) even resembled Mom & Dad too. Yeehaw!
Yeah, and Grandpa Ward was her mean dad!! And Melba was her mom! Funny Matt! If you look closely this picture was photoshopped! Dad actually took the picture because of the height issue and then put a shot of him on one of those fake bull ride machines and did the old wammo trick and here's the picture we have!! And you're right, Yeehaw!
Yeehaw, Yeehaw
Holt and Matt are so funny.?.?..
I agree, I would do anything just to go on one more ride with Dad. I miss it. Yeehaw!!!
I am suprised that Dad knew how to do photoshop, when he didn't even know where the power button was on a computer. :) Love the picture though...he was always good to take his camera with him on his rides. I really wonder who was always taking the pictures of him. This is a very nice picture to have.
Dad's fear of heights didn't seem to be a problem when he was riding. He was able to go on the scariest trails that were straight up the hill on one side and straight down on the other. I remember being terrified sometimes, but dad just trudged along without a single ounce of fear. I wonder how he did it...
Post a Comment