Each year we would get a pinon pine tree for Christmas. Some years Bob would cut one from the mountains and others we would buy one in town. We always loved them because they made the house smell Christmasy. One year we brought one home (that we had bought)and put it up downstairs. We always let them warm up over night before decorating them. So I went downstairs the next morning and the smell wasn't quite like Christmas Tree. It smelled like dog. I looked around (or sniffed) and the only thing that smelled doggy was the tree. Bob and I decided that it was a tree on the corner of the lot and ever dog that went by marked the tree. So I got out a bucket of soapy water and washed off the branches that smelled. Soon the tree was as beautiful as ever.
We all decided to come home for Christmas this year. So this year I wanted a pinon pine tree to put up at our home. Matt and Alice went to town and got one. It was beautiful and the grandkids helped decorate it. I love having a real tree. It was wonderful having Christmas together. We laughed and remembered past years with Bob and how excited he would get. I would catch him shaking his presents trying to guess what was inside. I know he was there watching us open our presents and enjoying his family. Bob thanks for the wonderful memories of Chistmas.
Monday, January 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
It was great to have a real tree. Alice and I have used an artificial tree for the past few years. I think it is time to switch back. I realized I loved the tree scent too after setting up the tree this Christmas. When we went to get the tree, we asked the lot attendant if he had any pinon pine. He replied, "Yup, got three standing o' vare and some on the ground." We looked at the ones standing and selected, what we considered, the best looking one. We informed the attendant we selected one and he came to retreive it for us. The funny thing is, I asked him if he knew Bob & G'Lenn Hamilton (since mom and dad always bought the trees from the same lot). He looked at me funny, then kinda concerned...it finally came out that he thought we were a customer that came to pick up a tree that was previously purchased in the day. Well, his co-worker had sold that tree to a different customer so he thought we were the original purchasers coming for revenge. Well, the funny part of this, is when we got home with the tree we purchased and set it up, we noticed a sold tag on it that had a persons name on it...NOT OURS! So, looks like he had potentially two angry customers.
Thanks for the great Christmas Memaw..and the great tree!
Post a Comment