Friday, December 5, 2008

Bad Dog

Memory by G'Lenn

Bob was a very good hunter and always got his game. But one time he didn't quite hit his target. The neighbors that lived at the end of the canal had some dogs that would come down to our fields and chase the horses and mules. Bob got very tired of this so he got out his gun. He took aim and shot. That big dog let out a loud yip and ran for home. So a few days later as he was walking on the canal bank he saw that dog with a lamp shade on his head. As he walked on home he was thinking about what he should do. So he the next time he walked the canal he went over to the neighbors and asked what happened to the dog. (Not sure if it was from him shooting at him.) Well of course it was a bullet wound. So Bob told the lady what had happened and that he would pay the vet bill. He felt very sorry and hoped the dog would not be back to chase the horses or mules. Or...............watch out.

1 comment:

Alice said...

LOL!!! I remember him calling and telling me what he had done and I couldn't believe it. I thought it was good for him to get caught...and I was pleased that he took the initiative to confront the situation and make it right. I did laugh my head off though because I could just see him...like I can see him now...sweating bullets because of his stupid mistake!!!! Crazy man! Gotta love the fact that he left us with so many stories to remember. :) Thanks Dad for giving me something to smile about.