
Dad provided a living by selling seed to farmers. He sold corn seed from Grand Valley. This is a picture that I received while on my mission. On the back of the picture it says that dad was working on loading this seed to take to a farmer. It was a big seed sale and he and mom were really excited.
I have chucked a few bags of seed in my day...along with all of us. I learned to not be afraid of hard work during these days. We would always have fun, joking and laughing as we would make our assembly line and load up the trailer. :) Good times.




3 comments:
Your Dad worked hard so we could have a nice home and enjoy the things we wanted to do. It was fun when we all would get in a line and unload a truck full of seed. Thank goodness we finally got a fork lift to unload the pallets. We all had turns delivery seed to farmers for him and we all hoped we would find the farm.
I am so thankful that Dad taught us how to work hard. Before he had his farm sale a year ago he had Riley helping him clean the shed. I am glad he got to help teach Riley a thing or two about working hard. Riley loved to spend time helping Dad with whatever he needed!
Bob brought us corn seed when we moved to Spokane in 1988. We planted it in our garden for YEARS and it was THE BEST corn EVER!! We always think of him when we plant the corn, but it's never the same without his good seeds.
Post a Comment