Sunday, December 7, 2008

Cowboy Whiskey


Some would say that "Cowboy Juice" is a shot of whiskey on a cold winters night. For dad and I "Cowboy Juice" was nothing other than a bottle of Coca Cola. I don't even know where this began, but I would have fun times and jokes with dad as we drank a Coke together. I think it was a time for him to spend with me and make me feel special and loved. I have never really had a close relationship with my own father, but dad and I had this silly thing with having a Coke. The last day I saw dad was our summer visit. He invited us to come over and ride the horses before we left. In a haste and eager to get on the road and get home, we declined and headed on our way. Before we left he told me that he had something at home in the fridge. I regret that day to not have gone to his home and had one more Coke. Needless to say, when we go up there this year for Christmas, I am going to buy two Cokes. One for me and one for him.


Here's to you dad...CHEERS! "Telling jokes and making up lies!"

No comments: