Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Yummy - Yuukkkkkkk

One day I walked into the kitchen and found Bob eating a piece of bread out of the boiler pan. I said "Ah...Bob that is for the dogs". He looked big eyed at me and said "No wonder it tastes awful". Many times after I had cooked pork chops in the boiler, I would put bread in the bottom of the pan. The bread soaked up the grease and dogs thought they were getting a treat. So Bob and I had a good laugh and Bob gave the dogs their treat.

3 comments:

Alice said...

LOL!!!! I love that story and remember the look on dad's face as he realized he had eaten a big fat piece of grease-bread!!! NASTY! You wonder what he really thought when he first started eating it...before you told him what it was! :)

Anonymous said...

LOL I remember that! We laughed and laughed and laughed! He was so funny!!! I think he probably actually liked that taste, reminded him of his camping cooking! hahahaha

Margie said...

I remember watching him eat this and wondering what in the world he was doing! It was so funny.