Monday, December 8, 2008

The Biggest Fish

One time Travis and I went fishing with Dad he took us to a place out in the middle of nowhere. All I remember is him putting the worm on my line and casting it out. I was maybe only 7 or 8. A fish bit my line and I started reeling it in. The only thig was that the fish wasn't getting any closer to the shore, I was getting closer to the water. I remember yelling for Dad and he said to just drop my pole. I just held on and kept yelling for him to help me. He came running and grabbed me and my pole and reeled in my fish. If I remember right it was huge, obviously. Dad and I laughed about that for years. He always asked me why I hadn't just dropped the pole and I told him he always taught me to never give up. Thanks for the great advice Dad. Love you!

2 comments:

Alice said...

I can just see you now Margie...leaning forward like on Little Rascals...ready to fall in the water, yet not wanting to let go of the rod. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree, and that's just like Dad and Margie to be the tough kids and keep hanging on because they won't let go of the prize!!! :)