Thursday, December 11, 2008
Caught in a tree
One time at hunting camp Dad and I went out hunting. We got to the spot we wanted to hunt at so we tied our mules up to a tree. I remember tying them up with two lead ropes just to make sure they didn't get away. Well we hunted all day and never got anything, we headed back to where we had tied up the mules. When we got there my mule was missing, the only ones left were TuJack and the one we had taken to pack stuff on. Needless to say I got stuck riding the pack mule. It didn't have a riding saddle on so I had to carry my gun slung across my back. We were a few miles from camp when we had to go through some thick brush. Lets just say Dad and the mules made it out and I was on the ground somewhere in the middle of the brush. I was yelling for Dad and he must have realized I was missing cause I could hear him coming back down the trail looking for me. What had happened was that I had hunched over to go under some limbs and forgot about the gun across my back. The gun got caught in the tree and pulled me off the back of the pack saddle. Dad sure had a good laugh when he found me laying on the ground. Thanks for all the great hunting memories Dad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment