Thursday, December 11, 2008
To Dark for Me
I have been on many hunting trips with Bob. Some of the trips were because I drew and had to go. One time when we were elk hunting (my tag) we camped that evening and rose early in the morning. We started up the trail in the dark (which I wasn't to fond of). But I knew the sun would be up soon. We had a nice day of hunting but didn't get my elk. So we hunted till dusk and I keep asking Bob when we were going back to camp. He said soon. Well by now it is almost dark and I am really ready to go to camp. Well off we go down the mountain. It is DARK and Bob is out in front on TuJack leading a pack mule and I am at the end. It was dark I couldn't see anything very well, Bob told me to just let the horse follow and it would be OK. I was a little scared and afraid something like a mountain lion would jump out and get me. So I kept talking to Bob and we would sing some songs. This time I new it would be a long time before the sun would be up. Soon we were at camp and I told Bob that I would never ride back in the dark again. From that time one he did make sure I was back in camp before it got too....dark. I learned a great lesson from that night, that the horse and mules can see very well in the dark and they new exactly where they were going. I just needed to hang on and trust them as Bob did....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I remember these times. I remember one time that Dad and I went deer hunting and we left very early one morning and we were going through some thick brush. Next thing I knew I was hit in the face by a tree limb. I told Dad that it wasn't worth getting up this early. That is the day I got my first deer. I remember him asking me then if it was worth getting up that early. I learned to always trust that he knew best when it came to hunting!!
Post a Comment