Dad loved to play the drums and he was always pounding his fingers on things when he would listen to music. One song I remember in particular was the Beach Boys song "Wipe Out." When it would play in the truck, he would start pounding on the steering wheel and the dash board and anywhere else he could rhythmically pound, including out heads if we were close enough. The song is a drum solo, which was ALWAYS dad's solo. :) It was always fun to watch him get into it...he was really good! Then he would remind us that he played the drums in school.
I remeber going to Utah one summer while Kipp was in the MTC. We got tickets to the Stadium of Fire at BYU and the Beach Boys were there in concert. It was fun to dance around and sing the songs. It was really fun to watch dad, because he always had the enthusiasm of a kid and was never embarrassed when "acting out." :)
Fun times and good music. He absolutely loved the Beach Boys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I remember that concert with you guys. I had to sit in line at the Marriott Center forever to get the tickets. It was so dang fun though. Those were great times!!
Post a Comment