Thursday, November 6, 2008

"Just Waiting for Bob"

Memory by Alice

When I was at Ricks College in Rexburg, Idaho I had the greatest roommates. We had a blast doing all kinds of fun things. One day my dad called and said that he had to deliver some seed to a farmer near Rexburg. He wanted to stop by and see me, and I remember being so excited. My roommates were funny and I knew that my dad was funny and we would have a great time with his visit. We weren't sure when he would show up, because he was great at keeping people in suspense, so we decided to pull our couch out on our 3rd story balcony and just wait for him. We laughed so hard all day waiting for him to come. When people would walk by they would ask us what on earth we were doing. We would all respond in unison, "Just waiting for Bob." They would continue on wondering what we were talking about and I am sure thinking that we were crazy.


Dad finally came and I don't really remember what we did but I know that I was proud to have my dad come and visit. I knew that my friends would like him, everyone always did who met him.


Thanks for giving us so many reasons to smile and bringing laughter to our lives. :)

No comments: