Memory by G'Lenn
This is one of Bob's favorite sayings.
I remember at times when we where trying to decide about things for the kids or activities they wanted to do, Bob would always say "When it comes to love, you don't count the cost". So we would do our best to provide a way for them to have what they wanted or wanted to do (within reason.) This is when Bob started cutting wood. He would save the money from selling wood for Christmas. He always wanted to have a nice Christmas for our family and friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I will be forever grateful for the opportunities I had growing up. I spent thousands of hours at dancing lessons, recitals, and caravan competitions. Thousands more hours at all sports (volleyball, basketball, softball, powder-puff football, track & field) practices, games and road trips. Not to mention the hours spent with 4-H pigs, horses, cooking & sewing, voice lessons, piano lessons, madrigals and whatever else consumed my time as a kid. I knew that I could do anything that I set my mind to doing because I had parents who supported my every desire. Wow, I can't imagine how much money was spent in just developing my talents alone. Thanks dad and mom for "not counting the cost!" I hope that I can instill in my children the ability to find their talents and strengthen them.
Post a Comment