Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Fortune Cookies & Chinese Food

Memory by Alice
We all know that dad's favorite food was Chinese. We grew up eating at the Mandarin House Chinese Buffet and boy how I wish I could eat there now! We would eat and eat and eat until we were totally stuffed. His favorite was sweet and sour chicken and "flied lice." Can't you hear him now talking in his fake Chinese voice to the waitress and trying to be funny!
As the years went on, we moved on to bigger and better restaurants...Peking. I think that we need to eat there the next time we are in Twin. YUMMY! Well, after engorging ourselves, we would get excited to eat our fortune cookies. Maybe eating them wasn't the most exciting part, but reading the fortune was. As I was looking around at all of dad's little notes and quotes, I found a couple fortunes that dad had saved. He must have thought they were pretty great fortunes and I can imagine him hoping that they would come true.

Here they are:

"This year your highest priority will be your family."

"You are talented in many ways."

I can see dad reading these fortunes with a grin on his face and I am happy to say that I believe they are true fortunes. He is talented in many ways and he has done so much to bring his family together.

Love you dad...I want to eat some Chinese food for you! :)

1 comment:

Alice said...

Those pictures are making me very hungry!