Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Proud of the House We Built

Memory by Alice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRrSUwqnZj0

This song was a favorite song of my dad's because he felt that it described his family perfectly. I have never really paid attention to the words of this song, but as I listened and watched the music video, I see how it does fit our family, well other than the hippy part. :) He was so proud of his and my mom's family and their home. He would always say "pleased" instead of proud. Yes, it was a hard uphill battle sometimes and our family did have its very fare share of struggles and trials, but I believe my dad is looking at us now feeling very proud of our family and our home that he and my mom built up. The beginning of the song truly fits perfectly.

I believe in happy endings.

2 comments:

G'Lenn said...

This was and still is my dream home. I am so excited to move back into it. So many wonderful memories....I just need to plant some black-eyed susan.

Lori said...

I am so happy for you G'Lenn! I know how excited you are to move "home." Will you be there for Christmas?