Sunday, November 2, 2008

He Walked on Water

Memory by Alice

As I sat down at dad's desk, after his passing, I found great comfort in reading all his little notes everywhere. One of the papers that I found was the words to the song "He Walked On Water" all typed up. I guess he must have had someone type it for him because he didn't use a computer. :)

I remember that this is one of his favorite songs (of course) and I think that it applies to dad at this time. He really made the best out of what he was given in his life. He came from a broken home with a life full of trials, but he never gave up. When he would fall down, which he did quite often, he would pick himself up and brush off the dust and try again. He never quit and he never stopped trying.

I even found some notes on one of his big yellow papers that had a list of his goals. Eternally - Try to put my family back together.
Get close to my children
Temple Recommend
Worthy Priesthood Holder
Pray mornings & night & in between
100% Home Teaching - monthly
Full Tithe Payer
Read Book of Mormon between every General Conference (Daily) 2 times per year
Simplify my life

I think it is amazing to read about his true hearts desires. How many of us have inner desires to be someone better? I am grateful that dad "doodled" so much so we could read so much about him and see him for who he really was.

Love you dad...and I think you walk on water.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

If my memory serves me right, he loved this song because it reminded him of his Grandpa Baker. I can even hear dad singing along with this song. It use to drive me crazy, but I'm glad I can still hear his voice with the real voice of the song. He walked on water. He never gave up.