Monday, November 24, 2008

Glue ~ The Horse

Memory by Kris

I’m not much of a horseback rider so I wasn’t exactly sure how I was going to fit into this family when Margie and I first got together. I remember one of the first times I went on a horse back ride with the family (if I remember correctly it was around Christmas and we went up by Indian Springs in the South Hills). I can remember watching Bob in amazement as he got all the horses ready for all of us. It really blew me away the way he worked with those horses and how much he knew about horses in general. But that’s not what this story is about.

I think he knew as well as everyone else how scared I was to get on the horse all by myself. All I could think of is that this horse I’m about ready to get on is going to get scared and that will be the end of Kris. I can remember a couple of times when the horse started to gallop and I thought the world was come to an end. I nicknamed that horse “Glue” and from there on I realized that no matter what happens I was a part of Bobs life. Because instead of Bob giving me a bad time about not being able to ride horses or have anything in common with him or his family we made a joke out of it. That joke always would come back up every time we would go horseback riding. The funny thing is that every horse I rode from there on out was named “Glue”.

Thanks for everything!

(Kris calls the horses "glue" because he says they are good for nothing but glue!)

1 comment:

Alice said...

Great Story Kris! I don't think you are as odd in the family as you may think. :) You are maybe just a little more normal, because you know how to sit back and take your turn in a conversation. :) We love having you around!