Memory by Travis
Growing up, none of us ever liked being locked in the vehicle with dad and forced to listen to his crappy country music. Wow, we hated it! And with a passion! But don't ask who of us are listening to it now!! I've found the light and really enjoy some country music. This is one of those songs that fit dad perfect. He always said that some aunt of his always told him, or someone way back that we didn't really care about being normal teenagers with our own issues, that he was born in the wrong century. How true that is it seems at times. This is the song that helps me want to be like my hero, my dad. 'A dream in my eye and a prayer in my heart'. I think I could have been a cowboy too. And in a way, I feel I have become one from all that my dad taught me growing up. Forced or not, country music ain't that bad!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment