Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Farm Fields

Memory by Matt
It is interesting I painted these two pieces of art work during this past summer. I looked at the images recently and it reminded me of the green hay fields and winter wheat fields of Idaho down near the South Hills. I enjoyed riding with Dad and looking out as far as I could see at endless farmland. I also remember those many times we went horse & mule riding in the South Hills. That was the first place I really learned how to ride. Dad helped me rediscover who I am, a country boy trapped in the city.

He stated in his Life Sketch that he enjoyed working with the American Farmer. These paintings help me remember that love he so deeply enjoyed and the times spent in the South Hills riding mules and dunking hot dogs in Light House Honey Mustard dressing.

1 comment:

G'Lenn said...

Matt....Bob would have loved these paintings. He loved the farm life as much as I do even though he wasn't raised on a farm. He was a country boy..