Memory by Alice
Many Sunday afternoons growing up were spent making treats. After a long day at church, we would need something sweet on our taste buds. I loved making cookies and as I got older and didn't want to make treats, Margie was designated the treat lady. (She probably made better treats than me anyway!) Well, most days as I would be mixing up cookie dough in the the electric mixer, dad and Travis would hear the mixer with their "dog ears" and come sneaking up to me. They would hover on both sides of me and take turns sticking their dirty rotten fingers in the bowl and swiping out a finger-full of dough. As I would turn to reprimand one, the other would stick his finger in and then when I realized what the other did, I would turn to scold him. They would keep at this until I was furious! They always knew exactly how to get under my skin! :) Sometimes Dad would take me on by himself. He would sneak up behind me and jab me in the ribs to tickle me, using my "flinching away" as an opportunity to stick his finger in the dough. As frustrating as it was, I could never keep from laughing.
Nobody has bugged my cookie dough since, the way you always did!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Alice, he loved to always tease you......and of course he loved the Cookies
Post a Comment